Winter weather not only affects people in Memphis, but our pets and outdoor animals too. Avoid harming your pets by following these common sense pet safety tips. This includes walking and playing outside, not just pets sleeping outdoors.
– outdoor animals need warm blankets and fresh, not frozen, water;
– bringing pets indoors changes their activity level: don’t overfeed;
– keep your pets regularly exercised: don’t underfeed either
– keep pets leashed with proper identification: avoid lost pets;
– wipe your pets off: water, ice, dirt, and snow could be full of chemical;
– check for frostbite and bleeding paws!
Memphis Animal Services takes animal safety cases seriously. We want to help you keep your pets safe at home. Have any animal safety or environmental court questions? Call 901-299-522 and Contact Attorneys Thomas, Gulotta & Patel.