Ruchee Patelmissattymaam.com call or text 901-213-6529 email@example.com
- Fogelman Downtown YMCA – Board Member
- Memphis Bar Association – Criminal Law Section Chairperson and Young Lawyers Division Board Member
- Sigma Kappa Sorority – Greater Mid-South Alumnae Chapter – Vice President
- Tennessee Asian Pacific American Bar Association – Board Member
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- High School Mock Trial – Volunteer Judge
- Project Homeless Connect – Volunteer Attorney
- MBA YLD WREG-TN CBS TV News Channel 3 “Legal Lines” – Volunteer Attorney – NEW for 2017 Facebook Live Video! [VIDEO]
- Playhouse of the Square – Event Host
- MBA Leadership Forum Graduate 2013
- TACDL Trial College Graduate 2011
- YMCA of Memphis Volunteer of the Year 2013 video interview part one and part two
- 201 101: The Basics of Criminal Practice in Shelby County outline 7/30/14
- Criminal Court Appointments: How To Get Appointed And How To Get Paid 3/12/15
- Consequences of Coming to Club 201 7/22/17
- MBA YLD WREG-TN CBS TV News Channel 3 “Legal Lines” Facebook Live Video – 4/20/17
Criminal Defense: Federal. Felony and Misdemeanor. DUI, Traffic, Domestic Violence, Drug, Gun, Sex Offenses, Environmental, Post Conviction, Probation Violation, Juvenile, Indigent Defense, Appeals.
Family: Divorce, with Children, Uncontested, Default, Paternity, Custody, Visitation, Termination of Parental Rights, Dependency & Neglect, and Child Support.
General Practice: Mental Health, School Law, Quitclaim, Real Estate, Order of Protection, Landlord and Tenant, Guardian Ad Litem, Estate Planning, Probate, Personal Injury, Collection and Contract.
Licensed Attorney in good standing in Memphis, Tennessee and actively practicing law since 2007. Regularly practicing in all Shelby County and West Tennessee Courts. Admitted for practice in United States Federal District Court for the Western District of Tennessee. Appointed to the Criminal Justice Act Panel of Attorneys for representation of indigent defendants charged with Federal crimes.
Experienced in defense of all types of Criminal Offenses, felony and misdemeanor, in all stages of Criminal Trial Practice from the Commencement of Formal Proceedings to Trial to Post-Trial Proceedings. Including, and not limited to: Bond Hearings, Bail Hearings, Preliminary Hearings, Discovery, Pre-trial Motions, Interlocutory Appeals, Plea Bargaining, Plea Paperwork, Diversion Applications, Probation Hearings, Suppression Hearings, Trial Binder Preparation, Legal Research, Jury Selection, Voire Dire, Opening Statement, Cross Examination, Direct Examination, Closing Statements, Jury Instructions, Jury Polling, Sentencing Hearings, Motion for New Trial Hearings, Direct Appeals, and Hearings on Petitions for Post Conviction Relief.
Completion of divorce proceedings, from preparation of documents to filing in accordance to state and local rules of procedure to final hearing. Experience with drafting complaints, petitions, marital dissolution agreements, quit claim deeds, parenting plans, child support worksheets, health insurance notices, mandatory injunctions, cost bill notices, final decrees, name change petitions, and certificates of divorce.
Active Law Practice Management, including business plan development, marketing, publicity, good will, tax returns, licensing, cash-flow, trust accounts, service contracts, lease agreements, procurement, contract negotiation, setting fees, client intake and communications.